Mod Podge formula guide - Mod Podge Rocks“WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE MOD PODGE FORMULAS?”You’ve asked it in a few different ways, but the basic question is the same. I’m ready to explain to you with my Mod Podge formula guide – so let’s do this thing. And in case you are wondering if you should make your own Mod Podge, the answer is no. Here’s why.#1 thing to remember: All Mod Podge formulas are essentially the same in that they can all do three things. They are all good for gluing, sealing and finishing.
The finish or use may be different, but they are all capable of those three things. Now read on – but before you do that, here’s a video to watch about the formulas!
Classic Mod Podge. When the best decoupage medium in the world. The only difference between these two is the finish that results when it’s dry. That’s it. Gloss – Shiny finish. Matte – Non- shiny (flat) finish. With Gloss I typically hear, “after it’s dry, it’s sticky.” Sometimes I hear that about Matte too. It really depends on the climate you live in, but there’s a very simple solution: spray with several coats of a clear acrylic sealer and you’ll be fine.
There are a lot of websites out there that go over the various processes for creating a penny tile floor from regular old pennies, however, I have yet to find one. Happy New Year everyone and welcome to 2016! What an amazing year 2015 was for Delicious Cake Design. Once again I can say it was our best year ever!
- This Mod Podge formula guide explains all of the different Mod Podge formulas and how to use them. Completely updated with all of the new formulas for 2017!
- POPSUGAR; Living; Product Reviews; Review of Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformations and Cabinet Refinishing Products Refinish Your Kitchen Cabinets With One Easy Product.
- Update May, 2014: After a full year, our deck continues to look great and we are very happy with Rustoleum’s product. However, other users have had a poor.
- Inspect the garage floor. Before you purchase your epoxy, the first thing you want to do is inspect the garage floor to make sure the concrete will accept a floor.
- The Rust-Oleum EpoxyShield 2 gal. Gray High-Gloss 2-Part Epoxy Garage Floor Coating Kit is easy to apply with a brush to garage concrete surfaces.
- Ben I am wondering how your house is now in 2014. After a few years did you have to paint it again? I am asking because I have had a continuous problem with Rhino.
- Learn a better way to apply spar marine varnish and urethane.
- Return to Cherokee Chat. Cherokee Chat has become a major source of information for Cherokee owners. Here are some of the archived answers to questions over the past.
- Those of you that are looking for an affordable, attractive, totally doable flooring solution have come to the right place! You may remember in January I posted my.
- Zodiac chlorinators are great we have sold, serviced them and been the warranty agents for over 4 years aswell as selling them prior to that as clearwaters.
- Rust-Oleum RockSolid 152 oz. Gray Polycuramine 2.5 Car Garage Floor Kit offers unsurpassed durability. Unique polycuramine formula is 20 times stronger than epoxy.
- How to paint wooden furniture : a step-by-step tutorial. I wondered whether you spray painted the actual paint or used a brush.
- Primers are specially formulated paint products that are used to prepare surfaces for the finish coat of paint. Their most important job is to adhere to the substrate.
- Getting rid of paint smell. Last Updated on Sunday, 12 February 2012 06:48 by ermand Sunday, 12 February 2012 06:41. Today’s question comes from Aaren.
- The best decorating advice I have ever received was not from a big name designer, magazine, or book, but someone who I found was always right. That someone was my mom.
- Check out my floors in the May/June 2012 issue of Natural Home and Garden! Also featured in the November 2012 issue of WNC Woman! My brown paper floors are by far my.
- Want to make some awesome homemade survival gear? We decided we weren’t done with the badass homemade weapons quite yet. I think this edition is even more badass.
- Started January 1, 2016. The link to the previous forum is Forum 2015. Forum 2017 Posts should be related to the Model T. Post for the good of the hobby.
- A primer on propane for prepping with tips for integrating propone into your prepping strategy as well as suggestions for acquiring spare tanks for cheap.
- WATER(info applies inside and outside) Snowglobes.Basic info.
Extra protection too. Result: great for all types of projects and most surfaces. This is your all- around Mod Podge. Okay. Now after the two classics were born, the people at Plaid thought, “What if we developed Mod Podge in different formulas – for specific needs?” So they did. They kept the two classics around, so if you notice that some of these properties overlap with those two classic formulas, you are correct.
But think about it – can you really get rid of the original formulas? No way. Antique Mod Podge. You can use acrylic paint to get this effect, but it takes a little skill.
The Antique enables you to get that aged look simply by brushing it on. A slight brown tint is how it works. This formula comes in a Matte finish.
Result: Matte finish with a slightly brown, heirloom look. Ages your projects without the time. Brushstroke Mod Podge: ? Simply paint Brushstroke Mod Podge over the top for a highly textured finish for an artistic look.
Comes in Gloss or Matte. Result: Very textured and dimensional (yet clear) and gives you the look of hand painting. Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge: You asked for it, and now you finally have it! This formula was released in January 2.
It does the gluing, sealing and finishing of regular decoupage medium – but now you can put those items in the top rack of the dishwasher! Gloss finish. Result: Use to add paper or fabric to something you want to wash (top rack dishwasher or hand wash only). Extreme Glitter Mod Podge: ? Because that’s what this is! This formula contains ultra fine glitter and LOTS of it .
It looks great on all colors of surfaces but best on anything dark because the glitter really pops. I also love it on glass. Result: Amazingly glittery finished surface that looks best on dark surfaces.
Think “galaxy themed!”Fabric Mod Podge: ! Not only that, you know I love to decoupage fabric TO other surfaces. This formula does both. You can decoupage things to fabric with it, and you can prepare fabric for decoupaging to surfaces by lightly brushing on and allowing to dry before cutting.
It eliminates fraying. Here are 2. 0 things you can do with Fabric Mod Podge. Result: Use to prepare fabric for decoupaging to surfaces and for decoupaging things onto fabric.
Furniture Mod Podge: This formula is similar to Hard Coat, but developed just for furniture pieces. Comes in Gloss, Matte, or Satin depending on the finish you fancy. Result: Use for any furniture re- dos that you take on . It’s the gloss Mod Podge with crushed fireflies!
Anyway, you’ll need to apply several coats for the best glowing effect. I love this stuff for kids’ project and my favorite- est holiday in the world, Halloween. Result: You can’t really see the finish when the lights are on, but it glows- in- the- dark! Expose to light to recharge. Hard Coat Mod Podge.
It has a satin finish, which is somewhere between matte and gloss. It doesn’t show the scratches like the matte or gloss! Result: perfect for furniture. It’s the ultimate durable Mod Podge finish. Kids Wash Out Mod Podge.
They were meant to be that way! This formula was specially developed so that children can use it . Not that you want to dump it on your couch, but if it gets on there you won.
Check out these 2. Protects your decoupage project from moisture and the elements. Great for clay pots. Result: Pretty simple: anything you decoupage that you want to sit outside. I recommend also sealing with an outdoor sealer for added durability.
Paper Mod Podge. Here’s the thing though: the Mod Podge people realized that there is a group out there that do more advanced paper projects; scrapbooking to be specific. These people like their projects to be archival, and that means they want their glues to be as well. Result: Archival quality, keeps photos and papers from yellowing, and extends the life of scrapbooking projects. Comes in a gloss and matte finish.
Pearl Mod Podge. I mean, can you imagine a beautiful, shimmery topcoat on all of your handmade Christmas ornaments? But you can use it all year if you want to – there are no limits! It does dull the pattern slightly (it’s harder to see through the pearlescence) and I find that it looks best on darker colors, at least to me .
Well, the makers of Mod Podge thought so too, so they put together a little 2 oz. You can use the Classic formula. What is a satin finish, you ask? It gives a lustrous, soft appearance somewhere between a matte and gloss. Because it is oh- so- slightly frosted, it shows scratches less than matte or gloss.
Result: great for projects where you want a non- glossy, soft appearance that wears well. Sheer Colors: These were. This is regular Mod Podge, and can do everything that regular Mod Podge can do, but it’s TINTED in colors! This means it’s perfect for coloring mason jars and dyeing glass. Currently you can get this formula in Aqua, Blue, Brown, Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, and Yellow.